Configuring the Analytics Engine for Data Cube
To create data sources in Data Cube, you must configure an Analytics Engine in your CommCell environment to store the Data Cube data.
Data Cube requires an Analytics Engine to index your connected data sources. The Analytics Engine is part of the MediaAgent software and can be enabled from the CommCell Console. You must have at least one Analytics Engine configured to use Data Cube.
Before You Begin
- If you do not have an Analytics Engine configured in your CommCell environment, or if you want to configure a new Analytics Engine, install the Analytics package. For more information, see Installing the Analytics Engine.
- MediaAgents that were installed in your CommCell environment before SP6 already have an Analytics Engine. You can enable and configure the Analytics Engine on these MediaAgents without installing the Analytics package.
- Data Cube only requires one Analytics Engine to be configured in your CommCell environment. If you already have an Analytics Engine configured for another purpose, such as Data Analytics, you do not need to configure an additional Analytics Engine.
- If you are not the CommCell administrator, you must have a security association that includes a role with the Agent Management or Administrative Management permission and an association with the MediaAgent you select as the engine.
For information on adding a security association to a user, see Administering the Security Associations of a User.
- Warning: Do not put the index directory and the Web Server (DM2) cache directory in the same location, because data loss might occur. The location of the Web Server cache is stored on the Web Server client in the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/CommVault Systems/Galaxy/InstanceNumber/DM2WebSearchServer/szCacheDataFilesPath.
- Review the requirements for configuring the Analytics Engine on a MediaAgent. See Analytics Engine Requirements for Data Cube.
- Open the CommCell Console.
- In the CommCell Browser, click Storage Resources > MediaAgents.
- Right-click the MediaAgent that you want to use, and then click Properties.
- Click the Analytics Engine tab and then select Configure / Deconfigure Analytics Engine.
Click Browse, select where you want to store the Analytics Engine index on the MediaAgent, and then click OK.
Note: The Analytics Engine index directory must meet the following requirements:
- Do not put the index directory and the Web Server (DM2) cache directory in the same location, because data loss might occur. The location of the Web Server cache is stored on the Web Server client in the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/CommVault Systems/Galaxy/InstanceNumber/DM2WebSearchServer/szCacheDataFilesPath.
- The location must be a local, non-root directory on the MediaAgent.
- The path name must not contain any of the following characters:
- The location must be empty.
The path you selected appears in the Index Directory box.
- Under Available Analytics Engine Type, click Data Analytics.
- Click the right arrow (>) to move Data Analytics to the Configured Analytics Engine Type list.
- Click OK.