Connecting Data Cube Sources to Tableau
You can connect Data Cube sources to leading business intelligence tools, such as Tableau.
Before You Begin
- You must have completed the configuration procedures to connect Data Cube sources to external business intelligence tools.
For more information, see Integrate Data Cube Sources with Business Intelligence Tools.
- The following is an example to illustrate the basic procedure for connecting to Tableau. In this example, Tableau version 9.3 was used.
For complete instructions, see the Tableau and Apache Drill documentation.
- Open Tableau.
- Under Connect > To a server, click Other Databases (ODBC).
- Under Connect Using, click the DSN list and select the ODBC driver name that you created for Data Cube.
- Click Connect.
The MapR Drill ODBC Driver Connection Dialog appears.
- Under Authentication, enter your password.
- Click OK to close the MapR Drill ODBC Driver Connection Dialog.
- Click OK to close the Other Databases (ODBC) Connection dialog and import the data.
- In the ODBC driver name page, click the Schema list and then click the search icon.
A list of schemas appear.
- Under Schema, select datacube.
- Under Table, click the search icon.
The Data Cube source names appear in the Table list.
You can use the Data Cube sources under the Table list to visualize your data.