Crawling Data Sources in Data Cube
After you create a data source in Data Cube, you can crawl the data source to collect data from the repository and store it on the Analytics Engine for Data Cube.
Before You Begin
- You must be able to log in to the Web Console to view Data Cube. See Accessing the Web Console.
- Only users assigned a role with the Data Connectors permission at the MediaAgent level can access Data Cube in the Analytics section of the Web Console. The associated MediaAgent must have been configured with Analytics Engine for Data Cube.
- You must have connected to at least one data source. See Connect to Data Sources.
- In a Web browser, log in to the Web Console and then click Analytics.
- Click the data source heading of the source you want to view.
- On the Data Sources page, click the name of the of the data source you want to view.
- Optional: Click Schedule to select scheduling options for crawling the data source.
- To the right of Crawl History, click Start Crawl to being crawling the data source.
Note: For data sources that support incremental crawling, if incremental crawling is configured on the data source, then only the data that has changed since the previous crawl will be crawled. If incremental crawling is not configured, the entire data source will be crawled.
Crawling information appears under Crawl History.