Creating an ODBC Driver for Data Cube
To connect Data Cube sources to external business intelligence tools, you must create and configure an ODBC driver on the client where your business intelligence (BI) tools are installed. The ODBC driver enables BI tool users to connect to Data Cube from their BI tool clients.
Before You Begin
- You must be able to log in to the Web Console to view Data Cube. See Accessing the Web Console.
- Only users assigned a role with the Data Connectors permission at the MediaAgent level can access Data Cube in the Analytics section of the Web Console. The associated MediaAgent must have been configured with Analytics Engine for Data Cube.
- You must have connected to at least one data source. See Connect to Data Sources.
- You must have crawled the data source. See Crawling Data Connections.
- You must have configured a data source for SQL access and obtained the Analytics Engine URL (quorum) from Data Cube.
For instructions, see Starting the CV Drill Service for Data Cube.
- Log in to the computer where your BI tool is installed.
- Download and install the MapR Drill OBDC Driver.
For installation instructions, see the Apache Drill documentation.
- After installing the ODBC driver, open ODBC Administrator.
The ODBC Administrator program is located in the MapR Drill ODBC Driver installation directory.
- In the ODBC Data Source Administrator dialog under the System DSN tab, click Add.
- In the Create New Data Source dialog, select MapR Drill ODBC Driver.
- Click Finish.
The MapR Drill ODBC Driver DSN Setup dialog appears.
- In the MapR Drill ODBC Driver DSN Setup dialog, configure the driver:
- In Data Source Name, enter a name for the data source. This name will appear in the BI tool interface.
- In Connection Type, select Zookeeper Quorum and copy the Analytics Engine URL (quorum) that you obtained from Data Cube.
For more information, see Starting the CV Drill Service for Data Cube.
- Click the Authentication Type list, select Basic Authentication, and then enter your Web Console user credentials in the User and Password boxes.
- To test the source, click Test.
- When finished, click OK.
The data source name appears under the System DSN list in the ODBC Data Source Administrator dialog.
- Click OK to close the ODBC Data Source Administrator dialog.
What to Do Next
- Use the ODBC driver to connect Data Cube sources to your business intelligence software.
For instructions, see: