Combining Data Cube Sources with the Federated Search Connector
With the Data Cube Federated Search connector, you can combine different data sources into a single entity and get the combined results using the REST API.
Before You Begin
- You must be able to log in to the Web Console to view Data Cube. See Accessing the Web Console.
- Only users assigned a role with the Data Connectors permission at the MediaAgent level can access Data Cube in the Analytics section of the Web Console. The associated MediaAgent must have been configured with Analytics Engine for Data Cube.
- You must have connected to at least one data source. See Connect to Data Sources.
- You must have View and Execute permissions on a handler to use the handler when creating a federated search. For more information, see Creating a Handler for Data Sources in Data Cube.
- In a Web browser, log in to the Web Console and then click Analytics > Federated Search.
- On the Data Sources (Federated Search) page, click Add Federated Search.
- On the New Data Source (Federated Search) page, configure the source as follows:
- In Data Source Name, enter a name for the Federated Search source.
- Under Handlers:
- Click the Data Source list and select the name of a data source.
- Click the Handler list and select the name of the handler you want to use for the data source.
- To add multiple data sources and handlers, click the add button (+) and select the options for the additional data source.
- When finished, click Save.
- To edit the Federated Search, in the federated search name configuration page, click Edit.