Configuring Data Encryption on a Replication Set
You can configure encryption on a replication set to encrypt data on the source computer, encrypt replicated data across the network to the destination computer, and decrypt on the destination computer.
When encryption is enabled on the replication set, by default, data encryption applies to all of its Replication Pairs.
- CDR on Unix only supports Blowfish cipher with 128-bit key length.
- For data encryption during a copy back or restore operation, you must enable encryption on the client computer that starts the copy back or restore operation, in addition to enabling the encryption for a replication set.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > Continuous Data Replicator.
- Right-click the replication_set and click Properties.
- On the Replication Options tab, select the Encrypt during data transfer check box, and then click OK.