Installing and Configuring the New MediaAgent
To install and configure the new MediaAgent, perform the following tasks in the order listed:
- Install the MediaAgent software in the new computer.
For instructions, see MediaAgent Installation.
- When the MediaAgent is selected, VSS Provider, File System Core and Windows File System are automatically selected. This is ok.
- Do not select any storage policy from the Storage Policy list during the installation.
- Download and install the latest Service Pack. The latest Service Pack is automatically installed if you have used the latest SnapProtect media kit for install.
- Configure a firewall on the new MediaAgent if required.