Configuring the Export Destination for Disaster Recovery (DR) Backups
During CommServe installation, the default export location to store the disaster recovery (DR) backup is installation_directory\CS_DR. You can change this location.
Before You Begin
- Make sure the DR export location is not within the area of risk for a production CommServe disaster. The export location must be accessible by the new or standby host when recovering the CommServe database.
Tip: Store the disaster recovery backup to a network location that is accessible from the CommServe host used for recovery.
- If you plan to use a domain level user account for a network share, make sure the user has permissions granted to create a token object on the CommServe host.
- From Local Security Policy, navigate to User Right Assignment.
- Right-click Create a Token Object and then select Properties.
- Click Add User or Group. Enter the domain user account name and click OK.
- This user account must also have read/write permissions to the following folder:
C:\Program Files\##_DOC_OEM_INSTALL_DESTINATION_COMPANY_FOLDER_##\Log Files\
- In the CommCell Browser, right-click the CommServe, click Control Panel, and then click DR Backup Settings.
- In the Export Settings tab of DR Backup Settings dialog box, select one of the following for Backup Metadata Destination Folder Type:
- Use Network Share
- Use Local Drive
- In the Number of full Metadata backups to be retained box, select the number of backup copies you want to retain.
- Enter the export path in the Back Up Metadata to this Folder box. Consider the following while specifying the export path:
- If you are exporting to a network drive, then specify a directory with a valid UNC network path. For example: \\server\share\path.
- If you are backing up to a local drive, then specify any directory on the local drive.
- The directory file path selected for this phase should not be located on a FAT drive. A FAT drive is not supported because it limits the file size to 4GB.
- If there is no library configured, it is recommended to specify a directory in a network location.
- Click Change to specify the User account that has administrative permissions for the destination directory and click OK.