Recovering the Microsoft Exchange Database
In the event of a disaster, you can recover the Microsoft Exchange Database to a new client.
Before You Begin
- Ensure that the destination client is same as source client while performing a disaster recovery.
- Ensure that you have performed a Disaster Recovery of the computer using the Windows File System Agent prior to restoring the Exchange databases. Refer to Full System Recovery: Windows File System for detailed information.
- Make sure to install the Exchange database application in the destination client and create an empty database in the same directory structure as existing in the source client.
- Before restoring the backed up data ensure that the Storage Group \ Database name does not contain "+" in it.
- From the CommCell Console, navigate to Client Computers | <Client> | Exchange Database.
- Right-click the Agent and then click All Tasks | Browse and Restore.
- Click View Content.
- Select the database in the left pane. The data and logs will be selected in the right pane.
- Click Recover All Selected.
- Select the name of the client computer from the Destination Client list.
This client should not be the same client on which the database originally resided.
- Click ... under Destination DB/Out of Place Location column.
- Select a folder on the destination client.
- Select Immediate from the Job Initiation tab and click OK.