NetApp software provides the ability to protect all mount paths associated with disk libraries configured from a MediaAgent against Ransomware attacks.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand to Storage Resources > MediaAgents.
- Right-click the appropriate MediaAgent and click Properties.
- Click the Advanced tab. (This tab will be available for Windows MediaAgents with access to a mountpath.)
- Select the Secure Disk Storage check box.
- Click the Additional Settings tab.
- Click Add.
- In the Add Additional Settings dialog box, enter the following details for the additional setting:
- In the Name box, type nLockMountPathVolumes.
- In the Category box, type or select MediaAgent.
- In the Type box, select Integer.
- In the Value box, type 1.
- Click OK.
- Click OK to save the information and close the MediaAgent Properties dialog box.
This will enable write-protection from Ransomware on all mount paths associated with disk libraries configured in the MediaAgent within a few minutes (maximum of 30 minutes).