Configuring Secure Erase
Secure Erase can be configured on either an individual client or a client group. If Secure Erase is enabled on a client from both the client group and client properties dialog boxes, the client-level settings will override any settings configured at the client group level.
Secure Erase is a feature that is intended to permanently erase data on a client computer. Use caution with Secure Erase, as improper use can result in irreversible loss of data.
To configure Secure Erase:
- Open the Data Loss Prevention settings for a client computer or client group. See Accessing Data Loss Prevention Settings.
- Click Secure Erase, and then select Enable Secure Erase.
- Type or select the value for Securely erase selected documents after the client stays offline for more than n days.
This value specifies how many consecutive days a client must remain offline (no connectivity with the CommServe host) before the files specified in the Secure Erase settings are erased.
- Specify the files and folders that you want to erase by adding items to the Recursively erase following contents box. See Secure Erase Settings.
- To prevent certain files from being erased, add criteria to the Skip following contents box. See Secure Erase Settings.
- Click OK.