Creating a Data Loss Prevention Passkey
You must create a Data Loss Prevention (DLP) passkey before you can use DLP to secure files on your laptop. The DLP passkey is used to authorized access to locked files on your laptop. When a device is reported missing, entering passkey of an authorized user is the only way to open and read the contents of a locked file.
If you forget your passkey, it might be impossible to recover data in locked file, even by an authorized user. Make sure you select a secure passkey that you can easily remember.
About This Task
The following procedure is optional; however, we recommend that you create a DLP passkey. If you lock without creating a DLP passkey, you can only unlock the files when your laptop has connectivity to the CommServe host.
Before You Begin
Before you can create a passkey, you must have enabled the Plug-In for your laptop's file system. See Enable Data Loss Prevention (End-User).
- On your laptop, open the Edge Monitor options as follows:
- For Windows laptops, right-click the Edge Monitor icon ().
- For Macintosh laptops, click the Edge Monitor icon ().
- Click Data Loss Prevention.
- Follow the instructions on the prompt to create a secure passkey.
- Click OK.