Download Center - Deployment
The Download Center is an interface for organizing digital resources, or packages, in your enterprise and making them available for end-users to download from the Web Console.
There are two levels of access for Download Center: end-users and administrators. End-users and administrators can view and download packages from Download Center, but only administrators can add, edit, and delete packages and manage repositories.
Your user must be assigned a role with the permissions required for end-users or for administrators. Best Practice: Create a user group for Download Center end-users and a user group for Download Center administrators. On each user group, associate a role with the appropriate permissions and select the user group itself as the entity. For information about associating roles and entities to a user group, see Administering the Security Associations of a User Group.
The following table contains the CommCell permissions required to perform operations in Download Center:
|Access Level||Permitted Operations||Required Permissions|
||There are no additional permissions required for end-users to access Download Center. As long as the end-user can log in to the Web Console and their administrator has allowed them to view a package in Download Center, the end-user can view and download packages in Download Center.|
The Download Center is installed with the Web Console software (see Installing the Web Console). After the appropriate CommCell capabilities are assigned (see User Access Levels for Download Center), end-users and administrators can access Download Center from the Web Console.
Before You Begin
Ensure the following requirements are met before deploying Download Center:
- Web Console and Web Server must be installed. See Installing the Web Console and Installing the Web Server.
- When deploying Download Center from the Web Console, the Analytics Engine on the MediaAgent installed on the Web Server is automatically configured by the system. The Analytics Engine is needed to support searching packages in the repository from the Web Console.
Ensure the Web Server associated to the Web Console meets the following requirements:
System Components Minimum Requirements Operating System
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 x64 Editions
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 x64 Editions
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 Editions
CPU Multi-Core Xeon Class 2 Memory 16 GB RAM Available local hard disk space
- 20 GB for the installation directory
- 1 TB of 10K SCSI disk for the Analytics Engine Index Directory
Configurations Clustered MediaAgents are not supported Ports If you have a firewall setup, make sure that port 20000 is open for connections within the network.
- Log in to the Web Console. See Accessing the Web Console.
- Click Download Center.
When you open Download Center for the first time, a welcome page appears.
- Complete the steps on the Download Center welcome page.
After completing the steps on the Download Center welcome page, a list of available packages appears when you open Download Center.