Configuring an Internal Mail Server
Use the following procedure to configure an internal email server (for example, Exchange or Lotus Notes) to send emails.
From the CommCell Console ribbon, click the Home tab, and then click Control Panel.
The Control Panel dialog box is displayed.
In the Maintenance section, click EMail and Web Server.
The EMail and Web Server dialog box is displayed.
Click the E-Mail Server tab and enter the following information:
- In the Mail Server box, type the name of the mail server, for example, smtp.mailservername.com.
- Optional: In the Mail Server Port box, type the mail server port (the default is 25).
- Optional: In the Mail Server size limit box, type the mail server size limit.
- Optional: In the Sender Name box, type the sender name.
- In the Senders Address box, type a valid email address.
- Click Test Mail to send a test email.
Note: To send a test email, your user must have an email address. To edit a user, see Editing a User.
- From the Test Mail Confirm message, click OK.
If you received the test email, click OK to the success message. If you did not receive the email, an error message appears.
Click OK to save the configurations.
Note: If you change the default SMTP port number or disable/enable the use of SSL, restart the Server Event Manager (EvMgrS) service in the CommServe computer. See Services for instructions on viewing and controlling services.