Erase Backed-Up or Archived Data: Erasing Stubs from Outlook Add-In
Stubs can be erased from Outlook Add-in to erase stubs in a mailbox for the agents listed in Erase Backup/Archived Data - Support. Stubs contain information about the archived data to facilitate end-users with non-browse recovery operations (i.e., stub recalls) from Outlook or Outlook Web Access. After data is erased, any stub recall attempts will be blocked.
Step 1: Configure the Outlook Add-In to allow end-users to add stubs to an Erase List.
- From Microsoft Outlook, select the stubs that you want to erase.
- Go to the Tools menu, click Mailbox Archiver and then click Add Selected Stubs to Erase List. If you want to erase all of the stubs in the folder click Add Stubs in Selected Folder to Erase List.
- A folder will appear in your folder list called Data Migrator. Under this folder another folder is created called Migrated Data to Be Erased.
- The stubs you have selected to be erased will be moved to the Migrated Data to Be Erased folder.
Step 2: Erase Stubs in Outlook.
- From the CommCell Browser, right-click the archive set of the Exchange Mailbox Archiver Agent or an individual subclient, click All Tasks and then click Erase Stubs.
- If you are erasing stubs for an archive set, you are asked to confirm that you want to erase all stubs marked for deletion on this client. Click Yes to continue.
- The Erase Data selected for deletion (General) dialog will appear allowing you to Schedule the job or Run Immediately.
- Optionally, you can click Add Alert to configure an alert for this job.
- Click the Job Retry tab to specify the job running time and the number of job retries. See Configuring Job Restart for Specific Jobs for more information.
- If you select Run Immediately, the Erase Stubs job will begin when you click OK, and you can track the progress in Job Controller.
- If you select Schedule the Schedule Details (Schedule Details) dialog box will open. This allows you to create a new schedule for this operation. After you are finished click OK to continue. Your Erase operation will execute according to the specified schedule. See Create a Job Schedule for more information.