File System Replication Using DASH Copy
The File System Replication Using DASH Copy solution automates the file system replication process.
You can create and manage workflow based file system replication with DASH copy from the Web Console.
This solution is useful in a typical geo-replication use case where data needs to be periodically replicated over WANs to keep multiple physical locations in sync.
- Better network bandwidth and storage resource utilization by eliminating redundant data.
- Optimize data transfers over network by implementing chaining and forking mechanisms.
How It Works
- Provide the source and destination filer details from the Web Console.
- A Web Service saves the filer details and triggers a replication job.
- On the CommServe, a backup set is created with the name "StorageReplication" under the source MediaAgent. Each replication pair on the source will be a subclient.
- A backup job backs up the data from the source filer to the source MediaAgent.
- An auxiliary job copies the data from the source MediaAgent to the destination MediaAgent.
- A restore (sync restore) job restores the data from the destination MediaAgent to the destination filer.
The sync operation automatically deletes the files or folders from the destination filer if they are deleted from the source filer.