Configuring Access to Reports Using TPPM
You can configure third-party port mappings (TPPM) to connect to Reports through the SnapProtect proxy.
Before You Begin
The SnapProtect proxy must be configured. For more information, see Set up the SnapProtect Proxy.
- In the CommCell Browser, right-click the CommServe computer and click Properties.
- On the Firewall Configuration tab, click the Options tab.
- Select Access Reports via following proxy. This option automatically enables the IIS port (dynamic) for third-party connections.
- Select the client computer that is hosting the proxy function from the Remote Proxy list.
- In the Port Number box, specify a port to be used by the proxy to access Reports. This is a local port in the proxy computer which will be mapped to access the reports.
- Click OK.
- In the CommCell Browser, right-click the name of each computer that uses Third-Party Port Mapping (TPPM), then click All Tasks > Push Firewall Configuration.
Verify that your firewall configuration was pushed successfully by looking for a firewall push event in the Event Viewer.
What to Do Next
If you need to change your Web Server configurations, perform the following steps:
- On the CommCell Console's Home bar, click Control Panel.
- In the Maintenance section, click E-Mail & Web Server.
- On the Web Server tab, select the Use Alternate Web Server check box, and in the Web Server Name box, enter the fully qualified domain name of the Web Console computer (the proxy).
- Confirm that the HTTP option is selected, and enter the port number that you specified in the Access Reports via following proxy section during the TPPM configuration.
- In Report folder published on the Web Server, enter the path to the reports folder as it exists on the Web Server (also the CommServe) computer.
Example: \\commserve\C$\Program Files\NetApp\SnapProtect\Reports\
- Click Change from Impersonate User and confirm that the User This Account option is selected.
- Enter the User Name and Password used for viewing reports on the Web Server (also the CommServe) computer, then click OK.