Configuring Access to the Active Directory Server Through the CommServe Computer
You can configure the CommServe host to access the Active Directory server using a client computer as the proxy.
Before You Begin
The client computer should be configured to reach:
- The CommServe computer using SnapProtect firewall configurations. For more information, see Firewall Using Direct Connections.
- The Active Directory server using a direct connection.
- In the CommCell Browser, expand Security > Domains.
- Right-click the domain_controller > Properties.
- Select Access AD server via following client.
- Select the client computer from the Client Name list.
- Click OK.
- In the CommCell Browser, right-click the name of each computer that uses Third-Party Port Mapping (TPPM), and then click All Tasks > Push Firewall Configuration.
- Verify that your firewall configuration was pushed successfully by looking for a firewall push event in the Event Viewer.