Configuring Access to the Active Directory Through the Web Server
In this access model, the host requests authentication services through a web server. For example, an instance of a Web Console or Compliance Search may need to authenticate a user through its configured web server. Then, the Web Server contacts the configured CommServe host.
Before You Begin
- The client being used as a proxy must be configured to reach the following servers:
- The Web Server using SnapProtect firewall configurations. For more information, see Firewall Using Direct Connections.
- The Active Directory server using a direct connection.
- Configure the CommServe host as described in Access is Configuring Access to the Active Directory Server Through the CommServe Computer.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers, and then click client > Properties.
- Click Advanced.
- Click the Additional Settings tab, then click Add.
- In Name, type sEnableADRoutingViaTppm, then press TAB.
- Confirm that the Category (DM2WebSearchServer) and Type (String) fields have automatically populated. If not, enter those values.
- In Value, enter True.
- Verify that Enable is selected, and then click OK repeatedly until all dialogs are closed.
- Log on to the Web Server host as an administrator, open the command prompt, and enter iisreset. Note that executing this command restarts the web server software (IIS).