Configuring Access to the Custom Reports Engine Using TPPM
If a firewall is placed between the Web Console computer and the Custom Reports Engine, you must configure third-party ports to open connections to the Custom Reports Engine. This is useful, for example, when you have installed the Web Console in a perimeter network, so that it can provide global access for external users.
Before You Begin
Confirm that the Web Console has already been installed and configured.
- In the CommCell Browser, right-click the Web Server computer, and then click Properties.
Note: The Custom Reports Engine is always installed as part of the Web Server package.
- In the Client Computer Properties dialog box, click Network.
- On the Firewall Configuration tab, click the Options tab.
- Select Access Custom Reports Engine via following proxy. This option automatically enables the IIS port (dynamic) for third-party connections.
- Select the Web Console computer from the Remote Proxy list.
- In Port Number, set the port through which the Web Console will access the Custom Reports Engine. This is the local port in the Web Console computer that will be mapped to access the reports.
- Click OK.
- In the CommCell Browser, right-click the name of each computer that uses Third-Party Port Mapping (TPPM), and then click All Tasks > Push Firewall Configuration.
- Verify that your firewall configuration was pushed successfully by looking for a firewall push event in the Event Viewer.