Configuring Multiple Connection RoutesYou can configure multiple connections for a client computer or client computer group as described and depicted below.
- Multiple Proxy Connections
- Proxy/Multiple Proxy and Direct Connections
ProcedureMultiple Proxy Connections
Use multiple proxy connections for faster data throughput, high availability, and load balancing.
- Install an additional proxy. See Set up the SnapProtect Proxy.
- Configure the client computer or client computer group to use the additional proxy. See Quick Reference for Advanced Configuration on the Perimeter Network Using SnapProtect Proxy page.
Repeat steps 1 and 2 for each additional proxy.Proxy/Multiple Proxy and Direct Connections
We recommend configuring proxy/multiple proxy and direct routes for a client computer or client computer group, so that:
- The CommServe host can use the proxy connection to access the client if the client is outside the network.
- The client can use the direct connection to access the CommServe host, when the client is inside the network.