Configuring the CommServe Computer for One-Way Firewall (Client to CommServe)
After the client is configured to connect to the CommServe computer during the installation, you must configure the CommServe computer to receive communications from the client. This configuration is necessary to enable backup and restore operations on the clients.
During the firewall configuration, you will set incoming connections from the client as Restricted.
Before You Begin
- You must have set up incoming ports on the CommServe computer and MediaAgent. For instructions, see Setting up Incoming Ports on the CommServe and MediaAgent.
- The SnapProtect software must be installed on the client.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers.
- Right-click the CommServe computer, and then click Properties and Network.
- Click the Firewall Configuration tab, then the Incoming Connections tab.
- Click Add.
The Connection to dialog box opens.
- In the From list, select the name of the client you just installed.
- Select the State of the connection from the client. In the case you are configuring, the client initiates the connection to the CommServe. If the firewall restricts incoming connections to only specific ports, select RESTRICTED. Restricting or Blocking Connections describes port restriction.
- Click OK, then click OK again to close the CommCell Properties dialog box.
- From the CommCell Browser, right-click the CommServe computer and click All Tasks > Push Firewall Configuration.
- Read the warning, then click Continue.
- Click OK.
- Verify that your firewall configuration was pushed successfully by checking the Event Viewer window.