Configuring the MediaAgent for One-Way Firewall (Client to CommServe)
You must configure the MediaAgents to receive communications from the client. This configuration is necessary to enable backup and restore operations on the clients.
During the firewall configuration, you will set incoming connections from the client as Restricted.
Before You Begin
You must have configured the CommServe computer to receive communications from the client. For instructions, see Configuring the CommServe Computer.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers, then right-click the MediaAgent > Properties.
- Click Network.
- On the Firewall Configuration tab, select Configure Firewall Settings, then on the Incoming Connections tab, click Add.
- In the Connections to (CommServe) dialog box, in the From list, select the name of the client you just installed.
- Select the State of the connection from the client. In the case you are configuring, the client initiates the connection to the MediaAgent. If the firewall restricts connections to only specific ports, select RESTRICTED, and then click OK.
For information about port restrictions, see Restricting or Blocking Connections.
- Click the Incoming Ports tab, then in the Listen for tunnel connections on port box, set the port number on which the incoming tunnel connection is received.
Additional Open Ports: You can speed up data transfer for components that handle it (such as MediaAgent or File System iDataAgent), by opening additional ports on the firewall, and configuring them as open in this dialog. Specify the range of ports in the Additional open ports area, in the From and To fields. Click Add to add the ports. To remove a port from the listing, select the port and click Delete. The ports must be within the range of 1024 - 65000. Ensure that the ports specified here are not used by other applications.
For more information on additional open ports, see Optimizing Backup and Restore using Additional Ports.
- Click OK.
- From the CommCell Browser, right-click the MediaAgent computer and click All Tasks > Push Firewall Configuration.
- Read the warning, then click Continue.
- Click OK.
- Verify that your firewall configuration was pushed successfully by checking the Event Viewer window.