Configuring the CommServe Computer for Two-Way Firewall
After the client is configured to connect to the CommServe computer during the installation, you must configure the CommServe computer to receive communications from the client. This configuration is necessary to enable backup and restore operations on the clients.
During the firewall configuration, you will set incoming connections from the client as Restricted.
Before You Begin
- You must have set up incoming ports on the CommServe computer. For instructions, see Setting up Incoming Ports on the CommServe Computer.
- The SnapProtect software must be installed on the client.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers.
- Right-click the CommServe, and then click Properties and Network.
- Click the Firewall Configuration tab, then on the Incoming Connections tab, click Add.
- In the From list, select the name of the client you just installed.
- In the State list, select RESTRICTED since the client can reach the CommServe. (Restricting or Blocking Connections describes this setting.)
- Click OK to close the Connections to dialog box, then click OK again to close the CommCell Properties dialog box.
- In the CommCell Browser, right-click the CommServe computer, then click All Tasks > Push Firewall Configuration.
- Click Continue to acknowledge the warning, then click OK to close the confirmation.
- Verify that your firewall configuration was pushed successfully by checking the Event Viewer window.