Configuring the MediaAgent for Two-Way Firewall
You must configure the MediaAgents to receive communications from the client. This configuration is necessary to enable backup and restore operations on the clients.
During the firewall configuration, you will set incoming connections from the client as Restricted.
Before You Begin
You must have configured the CommServe computer to receive communications from the client. For instructions, see Configuring the CommServe Computer.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers, then right-click the MediaAgent and click Properties.
- In the Client Computer Properties dialog box, click Network.
- On the Firewall Configuration tab, select Configure Firewall Settings, then on the Incoming Connections tab, click Add.
- In the From list, select the name of the client you just installed.
- In the State list, select RESTRICTED since the client can reach the MediaAgent. (Restricting or Blocking Connections explains the RESTRICTED setting.) Click OK.
- Click the Incoming Ports tab, then in Listen for tunnel connections on port, set the port number on which the incoming tunnel connection is received.
- Optional: Set additional incoming ports:
- In the From box, enter a starting number in a port range.
- In the To box, enter an ending number in a port range.
- Click Add.
- Right-click the MediaAgent computer, then point to All Tasks and click Push Firewall Configuration.
- Click Continue to acknowledge the warning, then click OK to close the confirmation.
- Verify that your firewall configuration was pushed successfully by checking the Event Viewer window.
For more information about additional ports, see Optimizing Backup and Restore using Additional Ports.