Library and Drive Sharing Across CommCells - Set Up Library Server
The first step is to set up the Library Server on a MediaAgent. This can be done from any Windows or Unix MediaAgent.
Before you set up the Library Server, ensure the following conditions are met:
- The date/time on the MediaAgent (Library Server) and the computers that will share this library must be synchronized with their respective time zones.
- The drives in the Library Server should support drive identifiers.
- Ensure that no media is mounted on any of the drives in the library.
Setting Up the Library Server
Use the following steps to set up the Library Server:
- From the CommCell Console, expand Storage Resources > MediaAgents.
- Right-click the MediaAgent to be used as the library server, and then click All Tasks > Configure Library Server.
The CommCell from which the library server is configured is referred as a Source CommCell in this document.
- In the Library Server Configuration page, click Next.
- In the Register Remote CommCell dialog box, specify the following:
- In the User Name and Password boxes, type the user name and password with administrative rights to access the target CommCell.
- Do either of the following:
- If the source CommServe is not behind a firewall, type CommCell hostname that will share this library in the CommCell Host Name box.
- If the source CommServe is behind a firewall, select the Select CommServe client located across a firewall check box, and then select the pseudo client name from the list.
This CommCell Name is referred as the target CommCell in this documentation.
- Click OK.
After verifying that the target CommCell is available, the source CommCell will access the target CommCell and add the Library Server MediaAgent as a de-configured MediaAgent.
- In the Information dialog box, click OK.
The MediaAgent is now shared with the registered (target) CommCell.
- In the Source CommCell, the target (registered) CommCell client will be displayed as deconfigured client under Client Computers and under Client Computer Groups as Client Group name.
- To register other CommCells repeat steps 2 - 5.
After Library Server Configuration
Open the CommCell Console on the target CommCell. Notice the following:
The Source CommServe client from which the Library Server MediaAgent was pushed will appear under Client Computers and also under Client Computer Groups as Client Group name.
The Library Server MediaAgent that was registered will appear as deconfigured client under Client Computers, Client Computer Groups and Storage Resources | MediaAgents.
- You cannot perform any operations on this MediaAgent.
- It is recommended to not modify the Client Name, Host Name and the CommServe Hostname of these deconfigured clients from Source and Target CommCells.