Capacity License - Getting Started
Capacity License is a licensing mechanism that allows you to obtain licenses based on the amount of data you back up
This licensing mechanism provides the following benefits:
- Flexibility of data usage on all agents, rather than being tied to number of servers and agents.
- Allows you to purchase licenses based on your data protection needs.
By default, when you install the CommServe, traditional licenses (product and feature-based) are used. To start using capacity licenses, you must do the following:
- Calculate your current capacity usage to determine the license capacity you need. SnapProtect will apply some filters to properly measure the capacity usage (for example, backups from deconfigured clients are skipped).
- Apply the capacity licenses provided by your software provider to the CommCell.
From the CommCell Console ribbon, on the Home tab, click Licensing and Registration.You can also access the license administration options from the Control Panel.
- From the CommCell Console ribbon, on the Home tab, click Control Panel.
- Under the CommCell section, click Licensing and Registration.
- On the Capacity tab of the Licensing and Registration dialog box, click Save.
- In the Export Options dialog box, do the following:
- Select the file type (PDF or MHTML) from the Save File As drop-down list.
- Review the location where you want to save the file in the File Name box.
- Click OK.
- Send the report file to your software provider to obtain the necessary capacity licenses.
After you obtain the license from your software provider, apply the license as follows:
- In the Licensing and Registration dialog box, click the Apply License tab.
- Specify the location of the license file in the License File box. You can also click Browse to locate the license file.
- Click Apply.
Tip: You can generate the License Summary Report to check the licenses that you have in your CommCell environment.