Log Monitoring Configuration
To monitor the logs in your environment, you must configure the following elements:
- Monitoring Policy Templates
Used by monitoring policies to track specific chunks of log information.
- Monitoring Policies
Provides a set of options to efficiently track the log events you want to capture.
- Log Monitoring Application
An application available from the Web Console where you can search and analyze log file data.
The CommCell administrator or a user designated by the CommCell administrator, such as application or system administrators, can configure the log monitoring elements.Users designated by the CommCell administrator must have a security association that includes the following:
- A role with the Agent Management or Administrative Management permission.
- For monitoring policies configured with the On Demand template, an entity association with the clients or client groups that are used as staging servers for log file uploads.
- For all other monitoring policies, an entity association with the clients or client groups that contain the logs to be monitored.
For information on adding a security association to a user, see Associating Entities and Roles to a User.