Configuring the Analytics Engine for Log Monitoring
To perform searches on your data using the monitoring application in the Web Console, you must configure the Analytics engine on a MediaAgent. The engine indexes the data that is defined in a monitoring policy.
Best Practice: If you have a high volume of files that you need to index, configure another engine on a different MediaAgent to avoid high processing loads on a single engine.
Before You Begin
- Install the Analytics package in your CommCell environment. For information about installing the Analytics package, see Installing the Analytics Engine.
Note: MediaAgents that were installed in your CommCell environment before Service Pack 6 already have an Analytics Engine installed. You can enable and configure the Analytics Engine on these MediaAgents without installing the Analytics package. Before enabling the Analytics Engine on a MediaAgent installed before Service Pack 6, review the Analytics Engine system requirements.
The amount of disk space needed for the local hard disk is based on the amount of data you index. 2 TB of space on a SSD class disk is usually sufficient.
- If you are not the CommCell administrator, you must have a security association that includes a role with the Agent Management or Administrative Management permission and an association with the MediaAgent you select as the engine. For information on adding a security association to a user, see Administering the Security Associations of a User.
- Java 8 must be installed on the selected MediaAgent.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Storage Resources > MediaAgents.
- Right-click the MediaAgent and click Properties.
- In the MediaAgent Properties dialog box, click the Analytics Engine tab.
- Select the Configure/Deconfigure Analytics Engine check box and do the following:
- Click Browse to select (or create) a folder to store the indexed log file data.
- From the Available Analytics Engine Type pane, drag Log Monitoring to the Configured Analytics Engine Type pane.
- Click OK.