Creating a Monitoring Policy for Log Monitoring
You can create a monitoring policy to track a specific type of logs in your environment. If you need to create a global monitoring policy, see Creating a Global Monitoring Policy for Log Monitoring.
Before You Begin
- Collect the details required to create the policy. For more information, see Planning for Your Monitoring Policy.
- To view the data you collect in the Log Monitoring application, you must set up the Web Console and configure the Analytics engine before creating the monitoring policy. For more information, see Setting Up the Log Monitoring Application.
- Determine if you want to save the policy configuration in a script that you can run later from the command line interface. This is useful if you want to save the monitoring policy configuration in case the policy is accidentally deleted.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Policies.
- Right-click Monitoring Policies and click New Monitoring Policy.
The New Monitoring Policy wizard is displayed.
- Follow the instructions in the wizard.
- On the Summary page, choose whether to save the configuration as a script for future use:
- To create the policy immediately, click Finish.
- To save the policy, click Save as Script.
For instructions on saving your policy as a script, see Save as Script Overview.
To create the policy using the script, run the script from the command line interface. For instructions, see Restoring a Monitoring Policy Using the Command Line.