Creating a Global Monitoring Policy for Log Monitoring
You can create a global monitoring policy in a CommCell environment to monitor data in other CommCell environments. The analytics engine selected in the global monitoring policy is used to index data from the other CommCell environments. The indexed data is available in the Log Monitoring application in the global monitoring CommCell Web Console.
Before You Begin
- To enable global monitoring policies, add the bEnableGlobalMonitoring additional setting to the CommServe. For information on adding the additional setting, see Enabling Global Monitoring Policies.
- To view the data you collect in the Log Monitoring application, you must set up the Web Console and configure the Analytics engine before creating the monitoring policy. For more information, see Setting Up the Log Monitoring Application.
- Determine if you want to save the policy configuration in a script that you can run later from the command line interface. This is useful if you want to save the monitoring policy configuration in case the policy is accidentally deleted.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Policies.
- Right-click Monitoring Policies and click New Monitoring Policy.
The New Monitoring Policy wizard appears.
- On the Please select the type of monitoring policy you would like to create page, click Global Monitoring.
- Follow the instructions in the wizard.
- On the Summary page, choose whether to save the configuration as a script for future use:
- To create the policy immediately, click Finish.
- To save the policy, click Save as Script.
For instructions on saving your policy as a script, see Save as Script Overview.
To create the policy using the script, run the script from the command line interface. For instructions, see Restoring a Monitoring Policy Using the Command Line.
The global monitoring policy can be used to configure cloud policies in other CommCell environments.
What to Do Next
After you create the global monitoring policy in a CommCell environment, you must go to each of your other CommCell environments and make the global monitoring policy available by configuring cloud policies. For instructions on configuring a cloud policy, see Configuring a Cloud Policy for Log Monitoring.