Editing a Monitoring Policy Template
You can update the properties (such as parsing criteria) of any of the monitoring policy templates that you created.
Before You Begin
Consider the following limitations when editing a template:
- You cannot edit predefined templates.
- When you edit a template, the change affects only the data that will be indexed after the template change. If you need to keep both new and old log data indexed, we recommend that you create a new template and recreate the monitoring policies that are associated with the template.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Policies.
- Right-click Monitoring Policies and click Manage Templates.
- In the Manage Templates dialog box, select the template you want to modify, and then click Edit.
- In the Edit Template dialog box, make the required changes, and click OK.