MediaAgent Hardware Refresh - Prerequisites
Get the right hardware for the MediaAgent.
- If the MediaAgent hosts the Deduplication Database, then make sure that the hardware for the new MediaAgent meets the specifications mentioned in the Deduplication System Requirements.
- Ensure that the hardware for the new MediaAgent meets the specifications mentioned in the Index Cache - Prerequisites.
- If libraries are configured on the MediaAgent, make sure that the hardware for new the MediaAgent meets the specifications mentioned in the Hardware Specifications.
Install the Operating System on the new computer. For supported operating systems, see System Requirements - MediaAgent.
If you want to use the same computer name and IP settings, follow the steps described in Reinstalling the Operating System on a MediaAgent.
- Make sure that you have the latest SnapProtect software accessible from the new MediaAgent. For instructions, see:
- Downloading Software for Windows Computers Using the Download Manager
- Downloading Software for UNIX, Linux, and Macintosh Computers Using the Download Manager
The service pack files are also included during the download of the SnapProtect software.
Make sure that you have an additional MediaAgent license.
- On the ribbon in the CommCell Console, click the Tools tab, and then click License Administration.
- License Administration dialog box appears.
- Click the License Details tab.
- The number of license used for a MediaAgent is displayed in the Permanent Used column.
- Click OK.
If you do not have an additional MediaAgent license, then contact your Account Representative to obtain an appropriate license depending on the MediaAgent type (Windows/Linux).