Selecting Media for a Refresh Job Manually
You can manually select a media for a refresh job.
Before You Begin
- Ensure that media refresh operation is enabled on the storage policy copy. See Enabling Media Refresh on a Storage Policy Copy.
- Ensure that the media selected for refresh is full. If you want to mark a media full, see Mark Media as Full.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Storage Resources > Libraries > Tape_Library > Media By Location > Media In Library.
- Select the media that you want to refresh from the Media In Library window.
- Right-click the media, point to Refresh and click Pick for Refresh.
A warning message is displayed confirming that after the media refresh operation, data aging will recycle the media selected. Click Yes.
If the valid data has spanned on more than one media, the Media For Refresh Response dialog box is displayed.
- The media selected for refresh is displayed under the Selected Media column.
- The media on which the valid data has spanned is displayed under the Required Media column.
- Click OK.