Changing the CommServe Name for Clients After Restoring the Database
When you move or restore the CommServe database to a new computer that uses a name that is different from the original CommServe computer, you must inform the clients about the new CommServe name.
Important: The approximate time needed for this operation is 30 seconds per online physical client and 20 seconds per offline physical client. Use these time estimates to calculate the time needed to run this operation in your CommCell environment.
- From the CommCell Console ribbon, click the Home tab and then click Control Panel.
- Under Maintenance, click Name Management.
- In the Name Management Wizard, select Update CommServe for Clients (use this option after DR restore) and then click Next.
- From the Old CommServe host name list, select the name of the old CommServe and then click Next.
- From the Available list, select the clients on the new CommCell, and then click the right arrow > button to add them to the Selected list.
- Clear the Update database even if clients are unreachable check box.
Notes: If any clients are unreachable, re-run this operation for the failed clients once they are reachable.
- Click Finish.
The selected clients are updated to point to the new CommServe.