Changing the Domain Name for Clients
If you move one or more clients to a different domain or if the current domain is renamed, you must specify the new domain name in the CommCell environment.
- From the CommCell Console ribbon, click the Home tab and then click Control Panel.
- Under Maintenance, click Name Management.
- In the Name Management Wizard, select Update Domain name and then click Next.
- From the Old Domain Name list, select the old domain name.
- In the New Domain Name box, type the new domain name and then click Next.
- From the Available list, select the clients for which the domain name should change, and then click the right arrow button > to add them to the Selected list.
- Clear the Update database even if clients are unreachable check box.
Important: If any clients are unreachable, re-run this operation for the failed clients after they become reachable.
- Click Finish.
The domain name is changed for the selected clients.