Testing Network Performance Between Two Clients
Use this mode to test available bandwidth between two client computers, or a client and a server (for example, a Web Server). In this test, one host is designated as the server and the other as the client.
Before You Begin
- Download the CvNetworkTestTool GUI workflow from the Software Store. For instructions, see Download Workflows from Software Store.
- If the two hosts are separated from each other by a firewall, make sure the needed server port is open on that firewall (25000 is the default).
- From the CommCell Browser, click Workflows, and then right-click CvNetworkTestTool GUI > All Tasks > Execute.
The CvNetworkTestTool GUI dialog box appears.
- From the Mode of execution list, select Host to Host.
Optional: Log files can consume a lot of disk space. If you want to control the log file generation and retention, use the following options:
- Enable Logging controls whether the Workflow Engine log entries are written during network performance tests. Select this option to write log entries to the WorkflowEngine.log file in the software_installation_directory\Log Files folder.
- Retain Logs on Machine controls whether test log files are kept after the test. Select this option to automatically delete the log files from the Temp directory after the test concludes and the results are sent to the user.
- Click OK.
- In the Enter the Details dialog box, select the Server host (Host 1) and the Client host (Host 2).
- Type or select values for the other available options in the details dialog box as needed. The required fields are marked with an asterisk (*).
Note: The options are described in Verifying Network Connectivity in Client Mode.
- Start the test by clicking OK.
- When the test has completed, retrieve the results from your email Inbox. The associated log files are attached to the email for reference.