Allowing Remote Access Between Windows Clients
Use these steps to configure a remote client computer that hosts services to let local clients access those services.
Before You Begin
Before configuring the remote access services, the proxy that the local client will connect through must be configured. See Setting up the Commvault Proxy.
- From the CommCell Console, expand Client Computers, then right-click the remote client.
- Click Properties, then click Network.
- Click the Remote Client Access tab.
- Select Allow connecting to this client's services across firewall via proxy, then select a proxy through which the remote client can access services on the client.
- Under Services, select one or more services that the remote client may access. RDP is selected by default.
- Under Users, select one or both of these options:
- Select Any owner of this client to permit all owners to access the selected services.
- Select Specify users and/or user groups to permit access to those you add to the list. If you select this option, follow these steps:
- Click Add, then click Add User, Add User Group or Add External Group.
- Add occurrences of the entity you clicked by selecting items from the list, then clicking OK.
- If the list is long, you can filter for entries by typing characters in the Search box. The list updates as you type.
- Multiple selection using the SHIFT and CTRL keys is supported.
- The Add User dialog shows only users who have actually logged in to the CommServe, or who have been added using the procedure given in Creating a User. Adding an external group does not make that group's users appear in the list.
- Click OK, and if you want to add more entries, click Add again and repeat the process. Remote client access control supports combining users and user groups.
- When finished adding entries to the list, click OK repeatedly until you have closed all dialog boxes.