Access Reports on Web Console
View the most critical information gathered from your CommCells in the dashboards and reports on Web Console. Use this information to monitor the performance of your entire CommCell environment from a single location. Information is available at the Worldwide, CommCell, and CommCell Group levels for many reports.
- Verify that data collection is enabled for Private Metrics Reporting on each CommServe computer.
For information on enabling data collection for the report, see Activating Private Metrics Reports.
- Verify that your login credentials work for the Web Console.
If you do not have the proper login credentials, contact your administrator.
- To view reports downloaded from Software Store or created with Build Your Own Reports, your CommCell user account requires:
- A role with the Execute Report permission
- Association with the CommServe computer that hosts the Web Console
- To view default reports or Metrics Reports on Web Console, your CommCell user account requires:
- A role with the Report Management permission
- Association with the CommCell entity, Client Group, or Client computer
For more information on users, permissions, and associations, see User Administration and Security - Overview.
Some of the most critical information gathered from all of the CommServe computers in your organization appears on the Worldwide Dashboard. Use the Worldwide Dashboard to monitor the performance of your entire CommCell environment from a single location.
Open your web browser and type the Web Console URL provided by the administrator in the address bar.
The URL should be in the following format: http://<HostName>:<Port>/webconsole, for example: http://client.mydomain.com/webconsole.
- If port 80 is used, then you do not need to specify it in the URL.
- By default, the Web Console URL uses HTTP. You can also use HTTPS if you want to use secure access. To set up secure access, see Configuring Secured Access.
Type your login credentials and click Login to access the Web Console.
Tip: If you have an email address associated with your account, you can specify the email instead of your user name.
- Click Reports.
If a Private Metrics Reporting Server is not installed, the Reports page is displayed in your Web browser.
If a Private Metrics Reporting Server is installed, the Worldwide Dashboard is displayed in your Web browser.
- If a Private Metrics Reporting Server is installed, you can view the CommCell or CommCell Group dashboard:
- To view the CommCell Dashboard, at the top of the Worldwide Dashboard, click CommCells, and then under CommCell Name, click the name of a CommCell.
- To view the CommCell Group Dashboard, at top of the Worldwide Dashboard, click CommCell Groups, and then under Group Name, click the name of a CommCell Group.
Note: You must create a CommCell Group to see the CommCell Group Dashboard. For instructions, see Creating a CommCell Group.
- If a Private Metrics Reporting Server is installed, you can view reports at the Worldwide, CommCell, or CommCell Group level:
- To view Worldwide-level reports, at the top of the Worldwide Dashboard, click Worldwide Reports.
- To view CommCell-level reports, at the top of the Worldwide Dashboard, click CommCells > CommCell Name, and then click Reports.
- To view CommCell-Group-level reports, at the top of the Worldwide Dashboard, click CommCell Groups > Group Name, and then click Reports.
The Reports page is displayed in your Web browser.