Configuring Map Components for Build Your Own Reports
When you add a map component to a report, you must use a data set that contains fields with degrees of latitude and longitude and physical items that can be located on a map.
Before You Begin
- To build and deploy reports, your CommCell user account requires a role with the Add Report permission and an association with the CommCell entity.
For more information on users, permissions, and associations, see User Administration and Security - Overview.
- On the Web Console for the Private Metrics Reporting Server, click Reports.
The Worldwide Dashboard appears.
- To open a report where you have already added a data set, at the top of the page, click Worldwide Reports > Report Manager , and on the Reports tab, next to the Report Name under Actions, click Edit.
- Optional: If your report has multiple pages, click the tab for the page that you want to edit.
- Drag Map Component to the Drop components to build the report box.
- From the Data Sets list, drag a latitudinal field to the Drop Latitude Column box.
The Drop Latitude Column box appears blank until you add a field to the Drop Latitude Column box.
- From the Data Sets list, drag a longitudinal field to the Drop Latitude Column box.
- From the Data Sets list, drag a text-based field to the Drop Data Columns box.
- Select the component, on the Properties tab, click General , and configure the settings:
- To name the map component, in the Title box, type a name for the component.
- To configure a different ID for the map component, in the ID box, type a new identifier for the component.
Note: You cannot edit the contents of the Data Set box.
- To configure settings under Custom Code , see Configuring Custom Code and Custom Styles for Reports.
- To save this version of your report specification in the Reports Manager, at the top of the Report Builder page, click Save.
- To make the report available to end users on the Reports page, at the top of the page, click Deploy.