Configuring CommServes as Data Sources on CommCell Console
If the Private Metrics Reporting Server cannot connect to a remote CommServe computer, or if you have a firewall between your remote CommServe computer and the Private Metrics Reporting Server, you can configure the remote CommServe computer as a data source on the CommCell Console.
- On the CommServe computer that hosts the Private Metrics Reporting Server, from the CommCell Browser, right-click the CommServe Computer and then click All Tasks > CommCell Registration.
- Click Add.
The Register Remote CommCell dialog box appears.
- Specify the following details for the remote CommServe computer:
- In the User Name and Password boxes, type the credentials of the user account that has the Administrative Management permission on the CommServe computer.
- In the CommCell Host Name box, type the host name of the remote CommServe computer.
- If there is a firewall between the remote CommServe computer and the CommServe computer that hosts the Private Metrics Reporting Server, under Network Proxy Settings, select Access database on remote machine, and in the Port Number box, type an unused port number.
For example, on the first remote CommServe computer that you register, use port 8600. On the next CommServe computer that you register, use 8601, and so on. These ports do not need to be open on the firewall.
Do not use ports 8400, 8401, 8402, and 8403.
The CommCell registration operation pushes all firewall configurations to the remote CommServe computer.
- Click OK.
- Click OK.
The remote CommServe computer appears in the list of registered CommCells.
- Click OK to close the CommCell Registration dialog box.
- If there is a firewall between the remote CommServe computer and the CommServe computer that hosts the Private Metrics Reporting Server, set static listener ports on the named SQL Server instance that hosts the CVCloud database. For instructions, see the Microsoft TechNet article, Configure a Server to Listen on a Specific TCP Port (SQL Server Configuration Manager).
You can now use the remote CommServe computer as a data source for reports.