Audit Trail Report
The Audit Trail Report displays a list of operations that users performed in the CommCell environment over a specified time range. Each operation that appears in the report is grouped into a playback, or severity, level: critical, high, medium, or low. The length of time that Audit Trail data is retained in the database can vary amongst severity levels. You can configure retention settings for data in each severity level in the CommCell Console Control Panel. For a complete list of operations that are audited and for instructions on configuring the retention settings, see Audit Trail.
For security reasons, this report is available only to CommCell Administrators. Your CommCell user account must be a member of the Master user group and have a CommCell-level association to view this report.
You can use this report to:
- Monitor operations in the CommCell computer.
- Track operations performed by particular users.
This report presents the data in the following sections:
|Operations|| This table provides information about operations that were performed in the CommCell during the specified time. Information displayed in the table includes:
You can generate the default version of any CommCell Report on demand in the CommCell Console.
- On the CommCell Console ribbon, select the Reports tab, and then click Audit Trail.
The Report Selection dialog box is displayed.
- On the General tab, in the Playback Level list, select an event level.
The report output includes events at the level you select and higher. For example, if you select Medium, then the High and Critical events also appear in the report output.
- Click Run.
The report appears in your default web browser.
- In the CommCell Console, select the Reports tab, and then on the ribbon, click the button for the report that you want to schedule.
The Report Selection dialog box appears.
- Configure the report as needed.
- In the Report Selection dialog box, click Schedule.
- On the Schedule Pattern tab, in the Schedule Name box, enter a name for the schedule.
- Select the interval at which you want the report to run: One Time, Daily, Weekly, Monthly, or Yearly.
- In the Start Time box, type the time of day when you want the report generation to begin.
- Under Repeat, specify the exact times and days that you want the report to run.
- Click Ok.
You can further customize the report by using the tabs that are available in the Report Selection dialog box. The following table describes the available report options for this report.
|General|| You can choose jobs of any severity level from the Playback Level list. Each option displays jobs at the severity level that you choose and higher. For example, Critical includes only critical-level jobs in the report, and Low includes jobs at all severity levels.
In the Search String box, you can enter text to search for jobs that contain that text. Only jobs at the specified Playback Level that contain the specified text appear in the report. If this box is left blank, then all jobs that match the selected Playback Level appear in the report.
You can choose to include information from a specific time range in the report.
You can set the report output to appear in one of several formats and save it to a variety of locations. Set any of the following options:
You can verify any configuration changes listed under Operations Recorded by Audit Trail. For example, you can view changes made to Audit Trail retention settings.
- Change the retention days for any of the Audit Trail severity levels.
- Run the Audit Trail Report at High playback level.
To see other types of configuration changes, you can run the Audit Trail report at the playback level associated with the action you performed.
Any configuration changes that are tracked by Audit Trail will appear in the report.