Jobs in Storage Policy Copies Report
The Jobs in Storage Policy Copies Report displays information about data protection jobs that are associated with the specified storage policy copies. The report output includes information only for clients and entities that your user account is associated with.
You can use the Jobs in Storage Policy Copies Report to review information to operations that run in each storage policy copy. This report is useful if you need to know:
- Detailed information regarding the jobs that reside on each storage policy copy, including the client, backup set, instance, subclient, and data size
- Whether a job has been picked for data verification
- Whether or not the job is enabled with Data Integrity Validation
- The history and status of data verification for each job
- Whether a job is to be copied to the copy (from another source copy), or if the job has already been copied
- Jobs with data encryption and deduplication
- The media that is associated with each job
- The jobs that are retained using extended retention rules
- The amount of data that is not copied per job
- Legal Hold data protection jobs associated with the storage policy copies
This report presents the data in the following sections:
|Jobs in Storage Policy|| A table for each selected storage policy appears in this report. This table provides information about the jobs that run in storage policies. Information displayed in the table includes:
|Jobs in Storage Policy Copy|| A table for each selected storage policy copy appears in this report. This table provides information about the jobs that run in storage policy copies. Information displayed in the table includes:
You can generate the default version of any CommCell Report on demand in the CommCell Console.
Before You Begin
- Your CommCell user account requires a role with the Report Management permission.
- To view report data for an entity, your CommCell user account must have an association with that entity.
For more information on users, permissions, and associations, see User Administration and Security - Overview.
- On the CommCell Console ribbon, select the Reports tab, and then click Other Reports > Storage Policy Copies.
- In the Report Selection dialog box, select any of the available options.
- Click Run.
The report appears in your default Web browser.
- In the CommCell Console, select the Reports tab, and then on the ribbon, click the button for the report that you want to schedule.
The Report Selection dialog box appears.
- Configure the report as needed.
- In the Report Selection dialog box, click Schedule.
- On the Schedule Pattern tab, in the Schedule Name box, enter a name for the schedule.
- Select the interval at which you want the report to run: One Time, Daily, Weekly, Monthly, or Yearly.
- In the Start Time box, type the time of day when you want the report generation to begin.
- Under Repeat, specify the exact times and days that you want the report to run.
- Click Ok.
You can further customize the report by using the tabs that are available in the Report Selection dialog box. The following table describes the available report options for this report.
|General||You can set the report to display information for all storage policies in the CommCell, or select individual storage policies. You can also include information about associated media in the report and group the information by client, agent, or job ID.|
You can set the report to display information for all computers from the CommCell or select individual clients with the Modify option.
|Filters|| You can filter the information that appears in the report based on a variety of criteria. Set any of the following options:
You can choose to include information from a specific time range in the report.
You can set the report output to appear in one of several formats and save it to a variety of locations. Set any of the following options:
The following table describes additional operations that you can perform with the reports feature:
|Saving the Report Output||
You can save the report output to a specified location.
The report opens in the file format that you specified and a copy of the report is saved to the location that you entered.
|Saving a Report as a Template||
You can save the report settings as a template in the CommCell Console, and then run the report at any time.
|Generating a Report from a Template||
You can generate a report from a template at any time.
|Modifying a Report Template||
|Cloning a Report Template||
|Deleting a Report Template||
|Setting a Report Alert|| This option allows users or user groups to get an automatic notification when a report is created. Follow the steps given below to set up the criteria to raise notifications/alerts:
||Refer to Alerts.|
|Saving a Report as a Script||
The Command Line Interface allows you to generate reports from the command line. The commands can be executed from the command line or can be integrated into scripts. You can generate command line scripts for specific operations in the CommCell Console by using the Save As Script option.
To create an XML script that generates a report:
The Save As Script and the Saved Reports dialog boxes close.
|Refer to Command Line Interface.|