Rename/Redirect Files on Restore - How To
Table of Contents
Rename Files on Restore (File System)
Before You Begin
- Review the general and agent-specific restore requirements accessed from Restore Backup Data prior to performing any restore.
Required Capability: See Capabilities and Permitted Actions
To rename files on restore:
- From the CommCell Browser, right-click the agent, instance or backup set that contains the data you want to rename on restore, click All Tasks and then click the available Browse command (command names vary by agent).
- Run a browse operation. See Browsing Data for a list of customized browse operations and their step-by-step instructions. If you accept all defaults, you will be browsing the latest backups for the selected data.
- From the Browse window, select Objects From the Browse Window for Restore.
- From the Restore Options (General) dialog box, click Advanced.
- From the Map tab in the Advanced Restore Options dialog box, enter the desired string that you want to append as a suffix to the filenames in the Rename all restore files with suffix field and click OK.
- Optionally, you can select any additional restore options that you want to use from the tabs in the Advanced Restore Options and Restore Options dialog boxes. Then click OK.
- If you want to schedule the job, click the Job Initiation tab from the Restore Options dialog box, click Schedule, schedule the job, and then click OK. If you want to run the job now, accept or click Run Immediately in the same tab and then click OK. The progress of the restore job can be monitored using the Job Controller.