Adding Additional Disks for Vertical ScalingYou can add additional disks to the existing MediaAgent nodes to vertically scale the ScaleOut Storage Pool block.
Before You Begin
- Ensure that you have enough disks to equally scale up the MediaAgents nodes of the ScaleOut Storage Pool block.
For example: If you have 3 MediaAgent nodes in your set up and you wish to add 1 disk. Then ensure that you add 1 disk per MediaAgent node, that is total 3 disks would be needed for scaling up.
- Install the latest Service Pack on the CommServe. For more information see, Service Packs.
- Ensure that the new set of disks are physically added to each MediaAgent node.
Important: Equal number of disks must be added to all the MediaAgent nodes.
- Log in to the MediaAgent computer and on the command prompt navigate to the following directory:
- Run the following:
- The command will detect the newly added disk, which is not already a part of the ScaleOut Storage Pool block and will display the following information together with the newly added disk:
Detected unused disk devices which can be initialized to become part of StoragePool. All the existing data on the disk device will be destroyed during initialization. Please select which of the following disk device should be initialized.
- Select OK to format and mount the disk on the MediaAgent node.
- Ensure that you repeat Step 1 to Step 4 for all MediaAgent nodes.