Configuring Network for Static IP Addresses and Registering to the CommServe
After imaging the StoragePool appliance , if you have static IP address, you must configure the data protection and the StoragePool network and then register to the CommServe.
Perform the following on all the newly imaged StoragePool appliance MediaAgents.
- Log in to the MediaAgent computer and on the command prompt navigate to the following directory:
- Run the following:
- You will be prompted with the following message
- Select Setup.
Network configuration menu is displayed.
- On the network configuration menu, all the available NIC cards will be listed. You will be prompted to select Data protection network.
- Select OK.
- In the IP address space, type the IP address, subnet mask, gateway and the DNS name server details for Data protection network and select OK.
- You will be prompted to select for StoragePool network.
- Select OK.
- In the IP address space, type the IP address, subnet mask, gateway and the DNS name server details for the StoragePool network and select OK.
- You will be prompted to register with the CommServe.
- Select Skip.
- Type the user credentials and the CommServe name to register the appliance with the CommServe and click OK.
Please select whether network needs to be configured.