Creating a Bootable DVD with Software Defined Storage (SDS) ISO Image
You must create a bootable DVD with the Software Defined Storage (SDS) image for Red Hat 7.x to boot the server.
Before You Begin
Ensure that you have a bare metal server or a virtual machine server with pre-installed Red Hat 7.x on it to create the SDS image.
- If you have a bare metal server, then install the Red Hat 7.x operating system and ensure that you select the Infrastructure System module.
- Install the following RPM dependencies:
- Install the MediaAgent and the Storage Pool in the decoupled mode.
For more information, see Installing Commvault Locally on UNIX, Linux, and Macintosh Computers Using the Installation Package.
- Attach the Red Hat 7.x ISO/DVD to the server where you have the operating system, MediaAgent and Storage Pool installed.
- On the DVD, navigate to the /opt/commvault/MediaAgent and run the following script:
- Verify that the dvd.iso is created under the /tmp directory.
- Follow the directions from Step 3 onwards to boot the server with the newly created bootable DVD. See, Automatic Configuration Method.