Manual Configuration Method
If you have an existing Linux server, you can use the manual configuration method. Through the manual method, you are able to retain the operating systems and other existing applications on the server.
Following are the high-level processes required to manually set up the ScaleOut Storage Pool blocks and involves the following tasks in the order listed:
- Ensure that you have all the prerequisites configured. For more information see, Prerequisites for Manually Setting Up the ScaleOut Storage Pool.
- Install the latest Service Pack on the CommServe. For more information see, Service Packs.
- On all the Linux servers that have to be configured with this feature, install the MediaAgent and the Storage Pool.
For more information, see Installing the MediaAgent.
Important: You must configure at least 3 MediaAgent nodes to configure a Storage Pool. However, you can use the Nodes per block additional setting to change this value as per your requirement.
- After all the MediaAgent nodes are registered, verify the default configurations. For more information see, Verifying the Default Configurations.
- On the CommCell Console, by default 5% of the total disk space or 2 TB (which ever is lower) is set as the Reserve Space on the Mouth Path Properties > Allocation Policy tab
For example: If you have 100 TB of disk storage, 2 TB will be reserved.
- Associate the auto created storage policy with subclients and perform client backups.
For more information on how to run backups, see the documentation for the specific agent.