Overview of Schedule Policy
When multiple clients or tasks need similar operations scheduled, you can create a schedule policy as a template and attach it to each of these clients (or client groups) and tasks in a CommCell.
SnapProtect offers predefined schedule policies that address typical scheduling needs. These schedule policies can be customized by the administrator. For example, the system-created schedule policy for data protection is available for all agents in the CommCell and includes the following schedules:
- Full Backup, which runs every Friday at 6:00 P.M. CommServe computer's time zone.
- Incremental/Log Backup, which runs on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays at 6:00 P.M. CommServe computer's time zone. Transaction Log backups occur for Lotus Notes subclients configured with transaction log content, and not for other agents.
You can create schedule policies for the following:
- Auxiliary Copy Schedule Policy
- Backup Copy for Snap Backups Schedule Policy
- Content Indexing Schedule Policy
- Data Protection Schedule Policy
- DDB Verification Schedule Policy
Leap Year Note: If a monthly job is scheduled to run on a day that a month does not have, the job runs on the last day of that month. For example, jobs scheduled to run on the thirtieth of each month will run on February 29 in a leap year or February 28 in other years.