Creating a Schedule Policy for an Automatic Backup for a Laptop Client
Create a schedule policy to automatically run a backup when specific criteria are met, for example, run a backup only when a laptop is connected to a specific network. Automatic schedules are available for clients that have the Laptop Backup package installed.
You can also configure a schedule when you perform a backup on a subclient. For information on how to configure a schedule, see Creating an Automatic Schedule for a Laptop Client.
Use the following steps to create an automatic schedule to run every 72 hours:
- From the CommCell Browser, go to Policies > Schedule Policies.
- From the Schedule Policies pane on the right, right-click the schedule_policy and click New Schedule Policy.
The New Schedule Policy dialog box is displayed.
- In the Name box, enter a unique name for the schedule policy.
- In the Type list, select Data Protection.
- Click Add.
- In the Backup Task Options dialog box, select Automatic.
- Click OK.
The backup job will execute once every 72 hours.
To configure different criteria for Laptop client automatic schedules, see Backup Schedules for Laptop Backup.
What to Do Next
If you want to view the jobs that are associated with this schedule policy, see Viewing Jobs Associated with a Schedule Policy.